Universal Audio Bock 187
New product. Available: 2023-06
Models / Alternatives
The UA Bock 187 large-diaphragm FET condenser mic will give your studio the classic tone of the legendary U87* with modern sonic enhancements. Each microphone is handmade in Santa Cruz, California, to the exacting specifications of world-renowned mic designer David Bock.
Vintage U87 mics are known for their presence, but can get strident when pushed. Our UA Bock 187 enhances this classic design with a larger transformer, refined circuitry, and a unique "fat" mode that delivers a boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz. This translates into more dynamic range, presence, and fullness on vocals, guitars, and more.
- Premium large-diaphragm cardioid FET studio condenser mic, lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Minimalist Class A FET circuitry
- Large Cinemag output transformer for rich bass and increased low-frequency headroom
- Lo-cut (120 Hz), Pad (-10 dB)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 16 kHz, ±2 dB
- Max SPL: 125 dB SPL, 1% THD
- Requires 48v phantom power
- Premium wood storage case
What's in the box?
- Universal Audio Bock 187
- Shock Mount
- Power Cable
- Cable (6m)
- Signature Wooden Box
|Frequency Range||20 - 16 000 Hz|
|Max SPL||125 dB SPL, 1% THD|
|Low Cut Filter||120 Hz, Pad -10 dB|
|Outer Dimensions||9.5 x 5 cm|