At Soundium we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to being transparent with how we use your information. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet.
- what information we collect when you use the Soundium website and when you communicate with us
- how we use your information
- how we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- what options you have to control your information
This website is run by IĮ Soundium. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (as amended or superseded) Soundium is the “controller” of the personal information collected through the website or by phone/email.
How information from you is collected?
1. Information being collected when you browse Soundium
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- create an account on our website;
- place an order on our website;
- leave a review on our website or take part in ongoing surveys;
- subscribe to our newsletter.
We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our website, in particular:
- we record information about the type of device you have used to visit our website, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available.
2. Information we collect when you contact us
When you contact us by phone, email or on a social media platform, your personal information is only collected if your verbal or written consent has been given.
How we use your information?
We will use your information in the following ways:
1. For the performance of a contract between you and us:
- to provide you with an account on our website, if you choose to sign up for one;
- to fulfil any order that you place with us;
- to collect payment from you;
- to provide you with an invoice.
2. Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to administer and monitor our website, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to;
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services, and to improve our services.
4. If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- we will process details of your previous transactions and contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to merchandise you have purchased (however we never store your payment details).
- You have the option to unsubscribe from our newsletters through a link at the bottom of every newsletter we send to you.
How we share your information?
We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, to UAB DPD Lietuva who pickup and fulfill deliveries, Braintree who provide fraud detection services and credit risk reduction checks, and the third parties we engage to provide IT systems support.
If you choose to provide feedback on your transaction, we will share your information with Yotpo, a third party feedback site who will capture your feedback on transactions which we use to enhance our customer service.
Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
In the event that you add items to your basket but do not complete a transaction, our abandon basket partner will automatically send you an e-mail to remind you that there are items in your basket.
We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your email address, is provided to the relevant third party, however for security purposes this data is “hashed” prior to being shared. Hashing is a process of identity masking or “pseudonymisation” which means we do not disclose your email but still enables linking between your social media presence and our website. Your personal information may be transmitted to countries outside of the EEA, including the United States.
1. Delicious? Not exactly:
This website also uses technologies such as pixels. These are other technologies that store information in your browser or device, using local shared objects or local storage.
strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are required for the operation of our website. They will, for example, allow you to navigate the site, add items to your shopping basket and purchase them;
website analytics – to measure and analyse how customers use our website and respond to marketing, to improve your shopping experience and to improve the overall functionality of our website;
3. Advertising cookies
4. Controlling cookies
The cookies described above may be either “session cookies”, which means they are temporary and are automatically deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser, or they may be “persistent cookies”, which last until their expiry date or until you or your browser delete them. By law, we are required to ask your permission before storing non-essential cookies on your computer. If you choose to block or delete cookies or similar technologies used on our website, it may prevent the website from functioning properly or at all.
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser. Generally, this can be done by visiting the “Settings” menu in your browser.