Focusrite Scarlett Solo 4th Gen
Offering a combination of high-quality sound and user-friendliness in a compact and portable format for recording, podcasting, and streaming, the Focusrite Scarlett Solo (4th Generation) 2-in / 2-out USB-C audio interface lets musicians and creators capture high-quality audio with no learning curve no matter where they go. The Solo 4th Generation features an ultra-low-noise microphone preamp and a Hi-Z instrument input that let you capture a microphone and a guitar at the same time, great for a singer/songwriter. The upgraded, 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters provide a huge dynamic range up to 120 dB, matching the quality you'd find in a pro studio. A selectable Air circuit adds clarity-enhancing brightness and rich harmonic drive to vocals. The Loopback feature lets podcasters, gamers, YouTubers, and streamers mix audio from other apps running on the computer, with the audio being recorded through the interface. The Solo 4th Generation can now work in standalone mode without a computer, useful for live performances or monitoring-only situations.
The interface comes with a complete recording toolkit with Pro Tools Artist, Ableton Live Lite, and Focusrite's Hitmaker Expansion software bundle; featuring Auto-Tune Access for Vocals, Softube Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555 for guitars, Native Instruments MASSIVE synth, and more.
Portable, Bus Powered, or Standalone
- Compact and lightweight, the Scarlett Solo is also rugged and ready to securely stand on your desktop or travel with you. Being bus powered via USB-C connectivity, it can be used in any room or even remote locations, with your preferred DAW on a Mac/Windows computer or on an iPad Pro equipped with a USB-C port.
- The Scarlett Solo 4th Generation can work in Standalone mode and still pass audio from the inputs to the outputs without the need for a computer. To power the unit, simply plug in an external USB power supply or USB power bank (both separately available) using the USB-C 5V input located on the back panel.
4th-Generation Pristine, High-Resolution Conversion
- Scarlett Solo 4th Generation uses the same studio-grade, 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters as Focusrite’s flagship RedNet interfaces, found in countless high-end studios worldwide.
- Thanks to its high-performance via 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters that deliver a huge 120 dB of dynamic range, the Scarlett Solo is equipped to capture any source from vocals to acoustic and electric instruments clearly and accurately, so you don't have to worry about the interface clouding your sound.
Ultra-Low-Noise Mic Preamp with Air Mode
- The Scarlett XLR mic preamp captures the sound of your microphone with transparency and full detail. Switchable 48V phantom power is onboard to accommodate your favorite condenser mics.
- The selectable Air Mode brings the bright and open sonic signature of a big studio console to your microphones. It adds high-end presence and rich harmonic drive to vocals and instruments, reproducing the Air effect of Focusrite's original ISA mic preamp.
Hi-Z Instrument and Line Input
- The 1/4" input on the Solo 4th Generation's front panel is specially designed to preserve the quality of your sound when connecting instruments with high impedance (Hi-Z) like electric guitars or basses—no need for a DI box or amplifier.
- At the press of a button, the 1/4" input can be used to input a line-level source like a mixer's output or the line outs from guitar and bass amps.
Straightforward Controls and Level Indication
- The Scarlett Solo is designed to be user-friendly and offers a streamlined experience, making it accessible to both beginners and experienced audio enthusiasts.
- Plug in and tell Focusrite’s Easy Start tool how you want to use your Scarlett, and let it guide you through all the software and setup you need, with recording tips and other helpful content along the way.
- With Scarlett Solo's independent gain knobs and multicolor, Dynamic Gain Halo meters, you'll have no trouble dialing in the perfect levels. Plus, there are no menus or complicated controls to slow you down.
Loopback Function for Podcasters, Gamers, YouTubers, Streamers
- Loopback lets you record other audio sources from within your computer (e.g., the audio output from a web browser) using the Scarlett's virtual stereo inputs, which have no physical connectors on the hardware interface itself but may be selected in the DAW as signal sources.
- Podcasters can use it to record guests via video call. Gamers can record gaming audio plus a mic separately. YouTubers can record a mic over a video. You can also combine computer audio with your mic for streaming.
Independent Headphone and Monitor Outputs
- A powerful custom-designed headphone amp sets the stage for loud, clear, and accurate playback and monitoring through any headphones.
- Separate knobs are provided for quick and independent adjustment of your speakers and headphone volumes.
- No musicians want to record if they can't hear their performance clearly. Use the Scarlett Solo's direct monitor switch to listen to your input signals exactly as they are supposed to sound, with no latency and no distracting echo.
- Pro Tools Artist (3-month subscription with Complete Plugin Bundle)
- Ableton Live Lite recording software.
The Hitmaker Expansion bundle has everything you need to bring big studio sound to your songs, with an unbeatable range of record-making studio tools from the biggest names in the business:
- Get exceptional vocal tracks with Antares Auto-Tune Access and Relab LX480 Essentials reverb.
- Sculpt your sound with EQs and compressors from Focusrite Red 2 and 3 Plug-In Suites, and preamps from Brainworx Bx_console Focusrite SC.
- Then, heat up your guitar tones with a hyper-realistic model of Marshall's Silver Jubilee 2555, brought to you by analog-modeling experts Softube.
- Need drums? XLN Audio's Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock Kit has beats to get you started and the big sound of a great drum kit.
- Synths and Keys? You're well covered with the legendary MASSIVE from Native Instruments and XLN Audio's Addictive Keys.
- And when it's time to mix and master your tracks, there's an exclusive suite of Focusrite plug-ins to quickly get release-ready sound, and a two-month subscription to Landr Studio.
What's in the box?
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB-C Audio Interface (4th Generation)
- USB-C to USB-A Cable