RME Fireface UFX II
The Fireface UFX II from RME is a flexible USB 2.0 audio interface that provides a total of 60 channels of crystal-clear and transparent audio, at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz. It offers four digitally controlled preamps, reference-class AD/DA converters, ultra-low latency operation combined with exceptional driver stability, and is ideal for recording, mixing, and monitoring applications in high-end home studios and commercial audio production facilities.
The custom USB technology at the heart of the RME Fireface UFX II ensures incredible low-latency performance, which can easily integrate with most computer systems including PC, Mac and Linu-based systems. The in-house USB technology from RME utilises the USB 2.0 connection, making the RME UFX II highly compatible with a range of software and DAWs. With aim provoed SNR and THD values as well as an optimised analog circuit, the RME Fireface UFX II provides unprecedented audio quality and performance.
Analog & Digital Connectivity
The RME Fireface UFX II Audio Interface features 50 channels of audio in total, with 30 input sand 30 outputs, supporting sample rates up to 192kHz for exceptional audio quality and performance. The wide range of analog and digital connectivity, makes the Fireface UFX II ideal for studio and live use alike. There are 12 analog I/O as well as two ADAT I/O for expanding the Fireface UFX II connectivity up to a further 16 channels of analog inputs, as well as 2 channels of AES and SPIDF plus WordClock or BNC connections. The UFX II Audio Interface also features RME’s latest hig-end AD/DA converters, with optimised analog I/O circuits delivering pristine and crystal clear audio. The four front-panel Mic/Line combination inputs include built-in Phantom Power and provide exceptional transparency for a flat and rich sonic performance, ideal for capturing studio-grade recordings. The newly designed PAD-free microphone circuit delivers trouble-free operation eve in the most demanding of recording situations. Combined with the low-latency performance and high-end AD/DA converters, the Fireface UFX II provides optimal audio quality, ideal for both live performances and studio work.
Direct USB Recording
One of the most unique and convenient features of the Fireface UFX II is the DURec (Direction USB Recording) function. The DURec functionality allow you to record and playback all of the inptus and outputs directly to a USB drive such as a flash drive or hard drive. The second generation hardware provides improved compatibility and functionality, ensuring greater reliability, even with slow and multi-partitioned USB hard-drives.
Design & Construction
The sleek and ergonomic design of the RME Fireface UFX II Audio Interface not only looks good but provides you with a wide range controls. The front-panel features dual highly-detailed meters, providing precise visual motniroing for all your inputs. The front panel also features a built-in headphone output as well as MIDI I/O connectivity and four mic/line inputs. The ergonomic design improves your workflow and the easy to use navigate layout makes switching between inputs and adjusting controls easier than ever before.
- 30-in/30-out USB 2.0 audio interface with reference-class converters and full 24-bit/192 kHz operation – crystal-clear, transparent audio for high-end home studios and commercial audio production facilities
- SteadyClock: Jitter-immune, super-stable digital clock – converters operate independently from external clock signals, for a pristine sound quality
- Four digitally-controlled, high-transparency preamps feed eight A/D converters – every microphone channel uses a double, parallel A/D conversion on two A/D converters at the same time to reach exceptional signal-to-noise values and performance level not available with classic converter design
- Bright multi-functional color display with full front-panel metering for all 60 channels plus effect bus, and complete control of all key features - directly from the front of the UFX II
- 2 x high-speed low-jitter MIDI I/Os (32 channels)
- DURec (Direct USB Recording) integrated digital recorder – record all inputs and outputs directly to USB thumb drives or hard drives with up to 2TB capacity, via the front USB port without the need for a computer
- TotalMix FX latency-free, real-time mixer allows for practically unlimited mixing and routing operations, with all inputs and playback channels simultaneously, to any hardware outputs – can be fully controlled on an iPad with TotalMix FX for iPad app (available separately)
- TotalMix FX provides 3-band parametric equalizer, low-cut, echo, reverb, compressor, expander, and auto-level
- Standalone operation – using the three rotary encoders and the color display the Fireface UFX II can be configured and set up completely at the device
- Setup Recall – internal memory allows for the permanent storage of six different states of the unit
- Operates in driver-based USB 2.0 and Class Compliant modes
- Integrates with RME ARC USB remote controller (available separately)
What's in the box?
- RME Fireface UFX II USB Audio Interface
- USB Cable 1.8m
- RME Driver CD
- IEC Power Cord
|Connection||USB, iOS / Android|