Audioquest DragonFly Cobalt
Out of stock. Available shortly: 2-3 work days
The DragonFly Cobalt from AudioQuest is a flash drive-sized Digital Audio Converter (DAC), preamplifier, and headphone amplifier that natively connects to a USB Type-A port, or a USB Type-C port using an included USB Type-A to USB Type-C adapter. It provides improved sound compared to the Red and Black models thanks to a 2.1V output, 64-bit digital volume control, an ESS ES9038Q2M DAC chip, a PIC32MX274 microcontroller draws less current and improves processing speed, and improved power filtering reduces the effects caused by Wi-fi, Bluetooth, and cellular noise. Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, the DragonFly Cobalt drives most headphones using its 3.5mm / 1/8" jack, and can also be connected to powered speakers, amplifiers, and receivers.
The DragonFly Cobalt features a native resolution of up to 24-bit / 96 kHz formats and takes advantage of monoClock technology to produce sounds with resolution and clarity that are greater than DACs with multiple clocks, and the StreamLength asynchronous USB code helps ensure improved audio delivery with low jitter, resource load, and minimal packet errors. A smart LED indicator on the DragonFly shows the sample rate and status of the incoming signal. Additionally, DragonFly's analog circuits are direct-coupled from the ESS converter chip's output, avoiding the need for any extraneous components in the signal path.
- Plays music files, including MP3 to MQA and high-resolution audio
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Compatible with iOS devices using an Apple Camera
- Adapter/Connection Kit
- Compatible with Android devices using a DragonTail or other USB adapter for Android devices
- MQA rendering
- Drives headphones directly
- Fixed output feeds a preamp or AV receiver
- Asynchronous transfer helps ensures digital timing integrity