You can't beat classic MPC feel
Generations of producers still swear by the feel of classic MPC pads, and that's exactly what you get with the LPD8 Wireless. Any seasoned beat maker will feel at home on these eight firm and responsive pads (complete with red backlighting), and you can switch them to Full Level mode when you don't want velocity-sensitive dynamics. Two switchable layers also provide full access to traditional 16-pad sampler instruments. On top of that, the LPD8 Wireless features classic Akai Note Repeat mode, perfect for quickly laying down hats and other rhythmical elements.
Set it up for perfect portable control
Beyond a great set of pads for playing samples and drum synths, the LPD8 Wireless delivers extensive MIDI control. You can set up the pads to trigger program changes, and the set of eight Q-Link knobs can cover a wide range of continuous controllers. In fact, there are four program banks onboard the LP8 Wireless, providing you with all of the program change triggers and CC knobs you need. What's more, you can set up all of your programs from the simple editor/librarian software (Mac/Windows) and take them with you.
Who needs cables anyway?
Want to lay down beats at the beach or bust out a groove on the subway? Between USB bus power and batteries, you never have to worry about plugging in to get your hands on your favorite virtual sampler. What's more, thanks to its onboard Bluetooth LE connectivity, you can leave your USB cable at home too and enjoy total wireless freedom for hours of music production anywhere inspiration strikes.
- USB/Bluetooth pad controller for your favorite virtual instruments
- Small enough to fit in a backpack and sit right in front of your keyboard
- 8 backlit, velocity-sensitive pads deliver classic MPC feel
- Classic Full Level and Note Repeat functions make laying down beats easy
- 8 Q-Link knobs control almost any parameter in software
- Store and recall your settings in 4 programmable memory banks
- Comes with editor software to make setting up programs simple
- Runs on bus power or 2 AA batteries for up to 12 hours of playing time
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and iOS via USB and Bluetooth LE
|Outer Dimensions (cm)||31.5 x 11 x 3.4|
Akai entered the electronic music industry in 1984 with one purpose - to give artists the tools they need to express and explore new musical possibilities. Since then, Akaiproducts have become a fixture of modern music both in studio and on stage. The refinement of our digital sampling technology has become the building block of today's most popular music. The uniqueness of our MPC sequencing samplers has forever changed the way modern music is created by enabling digital samples to become the basis for composition. Akai stands at the forefront of digital technology and remains one of the most influential manufacturers of musical equipment of the last 20 years.More Akai products